Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Newborn Princess Crown Tutorial

I noticed this on another blog and decided to give it a shot myself! Of course I put my own twist to it to make it my own but the concept is virtually the same.  I thought that the Newborn Princess Crown was the sweetest thing I've ever seen used on a baby girl! Sadly I don't have a newborn to show you how adorable these would be. Maybe someday soon I will be able to!

Gather your supplies! Here's what you need!
-Iron
-Fabric Glue ( I used Aleene's Original Tacky Glue)
-Extra Hold Hair Spray ( I used BigSexyHair All Nighter Hair Spray) Or Starch Spray
-Fabric Measuring Tape
-Craft/Fabric Scissors
-Lace Trim
-Old Towel
-Small accent beads ( I used pearls, but you can use Swarovski crystals or rhinestones)
*** Optional! Needle and Thread to sew on accent beads.


Okay! lets get started!
Measure your lace trim to be 9 inches long give or take.  This insures that it will fit on the newborns head. 
Spray the lace as many times needed with the hair spray. You could also use starch but I didn't have any on hand.  Before you let the hair spray dry, Make sure you fold over a piece of the towel and iron over the lace. Make sure you add pressure, Repeat this process as your liking.  You want the piece of lace to be as stiff as possible. 
If your lace is being difficult like mine, make sure you spray both sides and repeat. If its still not as stiff as you want, run over the piece with your iron quickly to heat the hair spray. It should come out to something like this. 

Your piece of lace should look something similar to this. Mine wasnt as stiff as I would have liked, but trial and error :) 
Take the glue, and the accent beads and place them however you want. I decided to do 3 rows of beads on the main points to make it more crown like. I may make another one without them just to see the difference. Let the glued pieces sit and dry!
Finished! Now all you have to do is put glue on one side, to join to the other end. 
I made it to where it matched up almost perfectly :)  Of course I didnt let my beads dry all the way (the white will turn clear with Aleenes).  But this was just a quick process to show you how to make this adorable crown!

Finished! Now if yours goes kinda flimsy afterwards, just take a spray bottle lid (wider than your hairspray lid) and set that in the middle. Then spray it with your hairspray or starch to give it an extra hold and let it dry. :)

I hope this was a helpful tutorial! I enjoyed this and I do plan on making more. These are adorable for newborn girl photo props! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com